June 3, 2007

Denver, Day One

So, I'm in Denver now...

After an unfortunate misunderstanding in the TIA airport I missed my scheduled flight; thankfully there was another one to Denver that they were able to get me on. Arrived OK, but too late for the Denver City Tour I'd signed up for with SLA - ah well.

I'm staying at the completely cool and very funky Curtis Hotel on the Sci-Fi floor - I highly recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay downtown! I ventured forth to the 16th Street Mall, randomly turned left, and started walking - and lo and behold, the Denver institution of the Tattered Cover bookstore appeared before me! So I, of course, had to spend some time browsing. They recommended Dixon's for dinner, and I had a very tasty steak there. Then I walked back along the very bustling mall, stopped in to say hi to Kathleen and Terese, and then crashed back at the Curtis.

An unfortunate start to the day, but a very satisfying one.

I'll actually write about today's events later - no weather wonkiness this week!

No comments: