- Discussion of it stereotypes and how it's changed
- Keep the mission of the library in the focus
- Don't hyper focus on your things, you exclude others
- Think about adding another layer of communication
- Emotional intelligence
Ongoing communication with your customers
- Learn the culture of your group
- Watch how you're communicating - up, down, or to the peers. Things that work with the peer group won't work up the chain
- Think visuals, not just words
It's not about how much you know, but how you can demonstrate your value to the team - without overwhelming them with how much you know!
Do you understand your library's real mission in the community?
Is your language inclusive or exclusive?