December 14, 2006

Goin' to the Mac side

Yep, it's true. I bought myself a Macbook this morning, to replace my aging and increasingly frustrating Vaio desktop at home. I've been looking for a few months now, ever since we decided it was time to get a new computer; now that the software situation for Macs has improved so much (not to mention Parallel Desktop, so I can work from home when I need to), it was time.

It's danged spiffy!

I'm looking forward to learning all the various iApplications that came with it, not to mention installing OpenOffice. I'm even looking forward to migrating all my junk, although since 90% of it is either photos or HTML files, it should go pretty easily. Whee!

Hello, Mac. Nice to have you here.

3 comments:

Kaj Kandler said...

Hi there,
if you are having issues with OpenOffice.org, come over to Plan-B for OpenOffice.org - support for non technical users. I'll personally help you along.

K<o>

Kaj Kandler said...

Ruth,
if you ever need professional help, com and visit me at Plan-B for OpenOffice.org

We try at that site to offer a new kind of software support based on screencasts and smart search. Please let me know what you think.

Ruth said...

hey Kaj, thanks for the offer - I'll keep you in mind! Got X11 installed this weekend with no problems, and am downloading the OpenOffice .dmg file right now. We'll see how it goes!