May 24, 2007

Danger, Will Robinson

OK, I have to admit it, I'm a fan of Google. It's not the only search engine I use, but I do use it (via iGoogle), and I make heavy use of GMail, alerts, Google Calendar, and Google Groups (and am seriously contemplating dipping my toes into GSpace for storage). But this article (found via Lifehacker) worries me... a lot.

"Google’s goal: to organise your daily life", an article over at Financial Times, quotes Eric Schmidt as saying " 'The goal is to enable Google users to be able to ask the question such as ‘What shall I do tomorrow?’ and ‘What job shall I take?’ '" I'm not sure I want Google to be able to answer that question for me...

Does this make me hypocritical?

It's another lovely moderate day, 90° and sunny... I love having office windows I can open!

No comments: