February 22, 2007

Random Thoughts du Jour

Today is my Friday, as tomorrow is a work holiday (Rodeo Day... only in Tucson do businesses and schools close for the rodeo). Some of the things bouncing around in my head:

* Drupal ain't so bad after all! I found my Rosetta stone; more coming next week after I've had a chance to implement some of what I learned. (check out The Cherry Hill Company)

* These are just too funny. (found via Caveat Lector)

* LibraryThing users contributed some really cool images for the "10 million books / valentines / presidents book pile contest". Check out the winners! Then go check out the Flickr group for all the participants. (found via the LT Blog)

* Since when did the proper name for something become so offensive? (found via lots of blogs; Jessamyn summed it all up best. Sheesh.)

* This situation is just abhorrent. If you've read this for any length of time, you've probably picked up on the fact that I'm a military brat. My dad was in the Air Force; both my grandfathers were in the Army Air Corps. I went to school on an AFROTC scholarship, and if I hadn't blown my knee out in basic I'd most likely be continuing the tradition. I still feel very strongly about the military, especially how veterans are treated. This is... horrific and disgusting and intolerable.

OK. *deep breath* back to your regularly scheduled library-related postings...

Another beautiful 79° day in sunny Tucson.

No comments: