January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

Hey, random musings on random things! Heh. Have been poked multiple times on Facebook for this, so posted it there, then thought, hey, I love sharing random things! (See the next post, too.) So, here goes: 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about me.

1. I'm a military brat, which explains why...
2. I lived in 11 different places before I...
3. Left home for a college on the other side of the world from my family when I was 17.
4. I went to school on a military scholarship, to study aerospace engineering.
5. I blew out my knee in basic training, lost my scholarship, and changed majors to astronomy.
6. Astronomy changed my life!
7. I'm a voracious reader, and always have been.
8. I love to dance, particularly bellydancing. I would dance every day if my knees allowed.
9. I'm addicted to coffee (quite literally).
10. If money were no object, I'd be a forensic archaeologist.
11. I dislike raw tomatoes intensely. Also eggplant.
12. I learned to scuba dive when I lived in Hawaii. I miss it.
13. I never thought I'd be a wife, let alone a mother. (Both states are pretty cool!)
14. I never thought I'd be published as a writer.
15. A goal this year is to dance more often.
16. I fight the lure of World of Warcraft almost every day.
17. My husband and I were married at the Grand Canyon.
18. I have six tattoos, and often wonder what my next one will be.
19. Sometimes I dream in HTML.
20. I'm totally and completely surprised by how much I enjoy working out regularly.
21. Airports I have run through include Reykjavik, Santiago, Tenerife, and Gatwick.
22. Bugs - especially large ones that are unexpectedly nearby - make me scream.
23. I run my high school alumni web site.
24. I can't predict the weather for beans (seriously, I've lost the summer monsoon pool for three years in a row now).
25. Just seeing my son makes me smile.

I tagged folks in FB; if you have a burning desire to share, consider yourself tagged too!

No comments: