Bits-n-pieces to end the week!
* More on the forthcoming calendar from the Texas Library Association. (thanks to many!)
* The secret side of happenings at the ALA conferences? (NSFW language)
* I just love precision book cart drill teams, especially ones that channel Marilyn Monroe. (thanks Coleen!)
* Speaking of bookcarts, don't forget that Unshelved's Pimp My Bookcart contest is accepting entries!
Yeah, sorry, that's all I've got for now. More next week! Currently 103° and thinking about rain.
July 17, 2009
July 13, 2009
Thanks to Pamela A, who I met at SLA and who then sent me a photocopy of a cartoon that just made me laugh, you too can check out the winners of last year's Caption Contest of the Pittsburg Post-Gazette. To the right you can see the cartoon to be captioned; be sure to check out the top suggestions! My particular favorites:
- "Miss Vivian hoped that her 'extreme makeover' would put muscle behind the 'no food or drink in the library' rule."
- "With the entire Dewey Decimal System tattooed on Ernie's body, the library saved a ton of money on costly computer systems."